Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Engageaversary!



Two years ago today (July 30th, 2011), Elliott Sean Pervinich asked me to marry him, and as he posted on Instagram earlier, we haven't been able to wipe the smiles off our faces since.


Here' the story behind the pictures:


Soon after we started dating, we go our picture taken in a photo booth.  (Later Elliott would tell me he knew he would propose to me in a photo booth after our very first photo booth experience.)  It quickly became a "family" tradition for us.  If we saw a photo booth, we had to get in and get our picture taken.  No questions asked.  Two years ago, we started that Saturday morning with an appointment at the bakery that made our wedding cake, Classic Cakes by Lori.  We didn't have any plans afterwards, and as we were driving home, Elliott asked me if I wanted to go on a surprise road trip.  I agreed, thinking it would be a mini road trip, 30 to 45 minutes at most. We stopped at his place first since the bakery was about an hour south of where we live, and then headed north.  After about half an hour, when we hadn't stopped at any of the places I thought we might be headed, I started to get curious. I told him, "As long as we're not going to Dallas!"  Turns out, that's exactly where we were headed.  What Elliott hadn't told me was that my ring was ready.  We had picked my engagement ring out together at the jewelry store where my Mom works in McKinney, but I didn't know that he had purchased it already, let alone that it was ready!  I was able to put two and two together, even though he wouldn't come right out and say it.  Unbeknownst to my Mom, we walked into the shop while she was helping another customer, and I thought she would about pass out she looked so shocked.  Elliott made me wait outside while he actually got the ring from my Mom, but I was nearly jumping out of my skin I was so excited.  I know it might seem weird that I went with him to pick up my engagement ring, but we like to do things together, and I was still surprised in the end.

Next up, we went to surprise my Dad and showed up on his doorstep unannounced.  Later that night we went to see a movie with my Dad, Cowboys and Aliens, of all movies. It was the best option at the time I'm sure.  During the movie, I started feeling sick to the point of nausea.  All I wanted to do was go home, but lo and behold, there was a photo booth in the lobby of the movie theater!  I was feeling so sick that I made Elliott leave the movie theater without taking our picture in the photo booth.  Gasp! Half way to the car, I realized how upset he was about not getting in the photo booth.  I gave in, told my Dad we were going back inside and would see him at home since we drove separately to the theater.  It was already 11:00pm by this time, and as we walked back to the entrance, an employee was locking up.  Elliott pulled a stealth move and sneaked us back inside as other patrons were exiting the theater.  We hopped into the photo booth.  I was what I call "pangry," i.e., in pain and angry; I did not want to be there.  All I could think was, "Why is he making me do this if he knows how bad I feel?"  I would soon find out.


This photo booth is not just a regular photo booth; it is a Blababooth Photo Booth, which means it takes a video of you as you’re getting your picture taken.  So in the first picture I look miserable with a huge pout going on.  At this point, I had completely forgotten about the ring, what with being pangry and all.  Elliott was teasing me and giving me a hard time so for the second picture I stuck my tongue out at him.  Well, right as the camera snapped the picture, Elliott pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him.  I didn’t see the ring until after the picture was taken so that’s why I’m sticking my tongue out at him in the picture.  Then I began to almost hyperventilate and say “Oh my God!” over and over again.  The third picture is pure joy: me realizing the man of my dreams is asking me to marry him and spend the rest of our crazy lives together living in love, and Elliott is just overjoyed.  You’ll see in the video below that we didn’t even know what to do for the fourth picture at first.  We started to hold the ring up to the camera, but just in time Elliott realized he should put the ring on my finger instead.  He got it halfway down my finger when the camera snapped the picture.  It wasn’t until after we got out of the photo booth that I officially said “Yes!”



Babe, you surprised me in a photo booth, and our lives haven't been the same since.  I may have been upset and in pain and only wanted to go home, but I'm so glad I gave in and turned around and got in that photo booth with you!


1 comment:

whatsupashley said...

beautiful :) you can feel the love! even being 'pangry' ;)