Friday, August 15, 2014

Weekend Expectations




Who’s looking forward to the weekend?  I know I am.  It should be a pedicure-indulging, prenatal yoga class-taking, baby-prepping, and cookie-making weekend for me, and that sounds pretty good in my book.  My only hang up is I tend to overdo it on what I expect I can get done over the course of one weekend.  There’s things like spontaneity, and you know, what my husband wants and needs to do too that change up that pretty little list I have going on in my head.  So here’s to realistic expectations and being happy with what does get accomplished, whether it was on my list or not!

The “D + E” cookies are from a recent batch of sugar cookies I made.  I had some extra cookie dough so I made these to practice for our upcoming baby shower.  I will hold off on showing the cookie I made to match our invitation until I make the real deal for the shower, but oh my goodness, is it cute, if I do say so myself.  I was kind of pinching myself that it turned out so much better than I thought.  Isn’t it nice when that happens?  I hope your weekend and whatever you do or don’t have planned turns out much better than you thought too!

No comments: